Writing to provide an update on the Team Kingwood Test of Fitness during yesterday’s 5K Jingle Bell Run.
Great news we had 6 athletes on our team, everyone finished all without injury. Great work team!
Team members were:
- AK (Yemi)
- Mr. Titus
And the awesome news:
Team CrossFit Kingwood brought home 3 medals from the race!!! WHOHOO!!!
AK (Yemi) and Cahba took 3rd place in their respective age groups (30-34 & 35-39).
and Alaba (aka Big Al) took first place in his age group and 6th place overall. NICE WORK CHAMP!!!!
To put this in perspective there were 831 people who completed the race with times posted.
Team Kingwood was AMAZING & FAST!!!!
Official times & Finish Positions:
- Al (Time: 22:31.5) 6th Place of 831, 1st place in age group! 30-34 – Like a fish in water. Nice work champ!!!
- Cahba (Time: 24:26.4) 23rd Place of 831 3rd place in age group! 35-39 – Not bad for a guy who hates running!
- AK (Time: 24:44.5) 27th Place of 831 3rd place in age group! 30-34 – Nothing like strong guys who can also run fast!
- Titus – Time: 29:50.6 – Nice work under 30 mins.
- Jimi – Time: 33:05.6 – Ran his race, beat his goal of finishing under 35 minutes!
- Shenee – Time: 36:55.0 – Did amazing battled through those pesky chin splits (we need more post running drills)
Overall, everyone did great, we raised $290.00 as a team for Arthritis research and provided great representation for Gymboree with our team and award winners.
Official Race Results can be found here:
Go Team Kingwood.
I don’t think the fact that we CrossFit and did amazing was a coincidence!
I also included a couple of pictures from the race.