Then complete 2 rounds of the following
- 30 second hollow body hold
- 10 scapula push-ups
- 10 body rows
- 10 box jumps or step-ups
- 10 lateral banded walks (10 each side)
- Back Squat – Find 1 Rep Max
Skills and Drills
- L-Sits – Progressions
- Push Press
- Front squat
- 25 Double Unders (scale 2 singles for every double)
- 10 Push Press (45# men/33#women)
7:15 am Early crew (where’s Guichi??) ;-(
- J.Shish – 70# (to box with 1 plate, plate not necessary)
- Liz 70# (to box with 3-4 plates) – Remove 1 plate next time
- Oni 155# (solid at 135# a little shaky at 155#)
- 25 Double Unders or 2x fast singles
- 10 push press
Rumor has it that eating a healthy diet and regular exercise just makes you look better as you age.
These two ladies on the left, both 70 years young, celebrating 70th birthday with Linda Wood-Hoyte (lady in the middle).
Stay young, stay healthy!
Still strong at 70
Cash-Out – Run 5k turkey trot – Skip the rest, record time enjoy thanksgiving!
Or Complete the following Workout, bring a friend or family member.
- Jumping Jacks
- Air Squats
- Flutter Kicks
AMRAP – 6 Mins (Set clock to 6 minutes) – Since this workout is only six minutes the goal is to push just a little faster try to rest every 2 mins and keep pushing through.
Complete 2 rounds of the following:
- 20 jumping jacks
- 10 – alternating 1 arm bent over dumbbell rows – Watch Video
- 10 – slow and controlled bird dogs
- 10 – alternating 1 arm bent over dumbbell rows
- 20 jumping jacks
Workout – Complete the following movements for time – NOTE TIME TO COMMENTS
Complete the following – break up the movements in as many sets with breaks as necessary
- 50 push ups
- 40 standing Dumbbell strict press (chose light to medium load) – Sit flat on the floor, maintain strong core – Watch Video
- 30 Sit ups
- 20 walking lunges – Watch Video for Proper Form
- 10 air squats
Thanks to Liz for sharing the news about the 10th annual 5k run, 1mile walk to benefit the Laurel Advocacy and Referral service that assist homeless and low-income individuals and families who are experiencing a crisis by providing both emergency and long-term services designed to promote self-sufficiency.
This event is held RAIN OR SHINE! Free parking is plentiful along Prince George, Montgomery, and Main Streets.
Packet Pick-Up & Pre-Registration is Wednesday, 11/26 from 3-6pm at the First United Methodist Church (424 Main Street, Laurel MD 20707).
Race Day Schedule:
- 7:00AM Late Registration/Packet Pick-Up
- 7:40AM Group Warm-Up
- 8:00AM 5K Run Starts
- 8:05AM 1 Mile Walk Starts
Current registration fee is $40 and the fee supports the humanitarian efforts and mission of the LARS organization.
VIEW THE EVENT FLYER
Looks like Liz has inspired our small group to join the cause and run off off some calories before Thanksgiving festivities.
See you there!
complete 2 rounds for quality
- 10 arm circles forward
- 10 arm cirlces backward
- 15 jumping jacks (Liz air squats)
- 10 – Push ups – use stairs or wall for scale, DO NOT do knee push-ups
- Hollowbody hold 30 seconds
Complete 2 rounds
- 1 min samson stretch each side – Watch Video
- 1 min psoas flossing with lacrosse ball- each side – Watch Video Starting at 2:36 for proper psoas flossing technique
AMRAP – 10 – Set clock for 10 mins
- 3 – Burpees
- 6 – sit-ups
- 9 – Goblet Squats – Watch video – men use 10-25# Dumbbell or kettle bell/ladies use 5-15# Weight